For all the young people coming to the Biblins Camp here is your kit list. Young people need to arrive wearing their top half of uniform with their knecker. Activity Trousers or shorts with activity trainers or boots.
Parents please note if you have difficulty sourcing any items please let us know. We have spares at the hut and may be able to locate items.
IF YOU NEED TO BUY 5TH BRANDED CLOTHES visit here – https://5th-worcester.myspreadshop.co.uk/
1. All items to be indelibly marked with the young person’s name
2. Ensure all kit fits correctly.
3. Any medication should be passed to a leader on arrival, in a clear bag, named and containing clear instructions on doses etc.
4. Ensure OSM details are correct with contact numbers present.
5. Ensure leader is aware of any allergies / medical condtions
6. Scouts should pack their own bags with adult supervision so they know what their own kit looks like and where to find things!
7. Their tablewear ie bowl, plate, mug, KSF etc needs to be in a drawstring bag and named (Billy Cans are OK to).
8. If there are special items need by section these will be provided by section leaders at the parent briefing. There is no requirement for them to bring mobile phones or tablets, there is no place to charge them. Explorers down to them, be advised there is limited mobile signal on site, wifi will not be shared.
9. Dont forget the 5th Swap Shop on Facebook
10. Lastly, one option is to pack a camp blanket. This is a tradition in Scotuing where you sew old badges and kneckers on to record your journey. Theres much opinion on types, either a fleece typre, horse blanket or woollen blanket.
THE KIT LIST
|Holdal||1||Waterproof. Big enough to hold all kit. Should be packed by the Young Person.|
|Day Sack||1||Waterproof.30L approx, do not bring the 10l ones they just dont work for our activities. Big enough to carry a set of waterproofs, luchbox, water bottle, hat, gloves, personal 1st aid kit etc. |
NOT SQUEEZED IN SO THEY END UP STRUGGLING TO PACK
|Sleeping bag||1||In compression sack. Suitable season rating for the conditions expected.|
|Sleeping bag liner||1||Adds warmth and also easier to keep bag clean|
|Roll mat||1||Foam or self inflating type. No airbeds.|
|Pillow||1||Small travel ones with stuff sack are ideal|
|Waterproof jacket||1||Breathable waterproof fabric with taped seams.|
|Waterproof overtrousers||1||Breathable waterproof fabric with taped seams. Ideally should be able to put them on / take them off without removing boots.|
|Walking boots||1||Breathable waterproof walking boots or shoes. Not trainers / wellies.|
|Thick walking socks||1||Thick socks for wearing with walking boots|
|Trainers||1||For general use / climbing.|
|Wellies||1||Optional but great for simple use|
|Underwear and socks||Upto 7||Enough sets for a daily change plus a spare set.|
|Activity trousers & Shorts||2-3 pairs||Lightweight. No jeans or heavyweight joggers. Sports leggings are ok.|
|Long sleeve top||2||Preferably lightweight, wicking type.|
|T shirt||2||Preferably lightweight, wicking type.||5th Shop Can be found here|
|Fleece top||1||Long sleeved|
|Pyjamas / nightwear||1|
|Sun hat / cap||1|
|Personal 1st aid kit||1||NOT REQUIRED FOR BEAVERS|
|Plate, bowl, mug, KFS, Tea Towel in a drawsting bag||1 set||Plate, bowl, mug, KFS, Tea Towel packed in a drawstring bag|
The group sells these kits with young persons name engraved for £20.
Email Ellie Prince to order
|Lunchbox||1||Bag or box. Each day they make there own lunches.|
|Water bottle||1||Unbreakable type with secure lid.|
|Towel||1||Lightweight microfibre ones take less space and weight|
|Notebook & pen / pencil||1||With a bag to keep it dry, or a waterproof notepad|
|Suncream / sunblock||1||Factor 50|
|Insect repellant||1||Strong Deet|
|Torch / headtorch||1||With spare batteries|
|Personal wash kit and hygeine items as needed||1||Small quantities of soap and toothpaste. Travel bottles ideal.|
|Dry bag / bin bag||1||For wet / dirty kit|
|Money||1||In a named wallet or purse £10 Max (Beavers to Scouts)|
Please send with change not just a note
|Small teddy / toy||For those that need it for bedtime|
|Camp Blanket||Optional Scout blanket – as mentioned at start of page|
Water Kit List
This is for Cubs, Scouts and Explorers.
|Wetsuit||1||Shorty or full if you have one or Cotton Clothes (Cub,Scouts. Explorers Only)|
Check out the 5th Swap Shop on Facebook
|Wetshoes||1||Wet shoes, Old trainers or sandals No flip flops / crocs etc, they need to stay attached|
|Swimming costume||1||Wear under the wetsuit|
|Rash top / tshirt||1||Wear under wetsuit|
|Shorts||1||Explorers/ Scouts Only – more outragous the better|
|Dry bag||1||For keeping kit dry (Scouts, Explorers Only)|
|Cagoule||1||Splash proof over top (Cubs, Scouts, Explorers Only)|
Can use your waterproof coat or a pac-a-mac